Monday, December 24, 2007

Empire Strikes Back


One of the most disappointing moments in my movie watching history. My entire life I have heard people say "Luke, I am your father." It is always said in the same inflection and that's what I was expecting to hear when Luke and Vader were fighting. Here is the actual dialog. Luke: You killed my father! Vader: No, I am your father. Now that isn't that bad, but the inflection that Vader uses was completely different than the way I had been hearing it for the past 15 years. Anyways, I had heard before hand that Empire Strikes Back was the best Star Wars and IMDB agrees with that. After watching it I did not like Episode V nearly as much as Episode III. It was good but not as exciting or heartfelt as the final installment of the second trilogy.

Favorite Characters from Episode V

5. Lando Calrissian (on left)- Very charismatic, and I loved how he was helping the Empire for a bit but then came back to help the rebels.

4. Darth Vader- He killed a lot of anonymous generals with his telekinesis, which was great. I loved when he was trying to bring Luke to the dark side.

3. Han Solo (on right)- I wish Han was Vader's son. It would make for some more laughs.

2. Yoda- When we first see Yoda in this Episode I was turned off a bit by his craziness and weird voice. Once he became serious about his business he started talking in his normal great voice.

1. C-3PO- Just continues to crack me up with everything he says.

One Episode to go...

1 comment:

Andy McKenzie said...

you probably have to watch this about 25 more times before you really start to appreciate it. i doubt that episode III could withstand the test of time like that.